Senior Web Developer
MN Department of Human Services
St. Paul, MN
We have an exciting opportunity to influence the horizon of web development in one of the largest state agencies in Minnesota – the Department of Human Services (DHS). We want you to be part of the dynamic team that provides a variety of ASP.NET development services to support health care and human services ventures throughout the agency, working closely with internal business partners and IT professionals to support the critical mission of DHS.
At DHS our mission, working with many others, is to help people meet their basic needs, live in dignity, and achieve their highest potential. In addition to new technology, challenging work, and the rewarding chance to serve Minnesota with a talented group of colleagues, DHS offers a comprehensive benefit package and a modern, flexible, and culturally diverse work environment. Join us for the next step in your career!
The Senior Web Developer is responsible for the design, development, implementation and maintenance of web-based computer systems. This includes establishing procedures for the resolution of business problems and then converting these procedures into applications, programs and processes. As a senior developer, you will also be empowered to provide mentoring and leadership to less experienced staff, along with sharing your expertise, and contribute to the improvement and adherence to DHS web development standards and best practices.
· Complete applications requirements analysis, specifications development, and functional and process design for web-based applications.
· Lead technical design and coding efforts to complete application development, systems testing, systems implementation, and ongoing support.
· Work with supervisor or team leader to create and maintain DHS web development application standards, guidelines, and best practices.
· Provide information, direct assistance, and technical support to technical staff and serve as technical advisor to less experienced staff.
· At least 4 years of direct experience working with/in:
- application design and development (including at least 2 years of direct experience designing and developing web applications);
- using several languages and software tools (including at least 2 years of direct experience with ASP.NET);
- databases and data design;
· Extensive technical knowledge of data analysis, program design, web coding techniques and relational database structure to support web-based applications.
· Proven ability to manage an extensive application development portfolio with multiple projects at various stages of design, development, implementation or production, as well as various environments and platforms based on changing priorities.
In addition to a competitive salary, the State of Minnesota offers excellent employee benefits, such as low-cost health and dental insurance, and affordable dependent coverage. Other benefits include:
· Paid vacation time
· Paid sick time
· 11 paid holidays
· Life insurance (optional family)
· Long-term care insurance (spouse/parent)
· Ongoing educational opportunities
· Short-term disability
· Long-term disability
· Health care savings plan
· Pension and retirement savings plan
· Pre-tax benefits
· Credit union membership available
· Optional retirement savings plan
Contact us! The Recruitment Office is glad to answer any questions you may have about this or other career opportunities. Contact us for more information or submit your resume by email (please reference the “Senior Web Developer” position in the subject line):
Phone/Job Hotline: 651-431-3674 or 800-657-3643
DEADLINE TO SUBMIT YOUR RESUME IS 12 NOON on FRIDAY, APRIL 13th, 2012.
The Recruitment Office will contact you within 2 business days regarding your inquiry.
An Equal Opportunity and Veteran Friendly Employer